- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or one vanilla bean, split
- Pinch of pink himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional but encouraged)
1. Cover the almonds with water and soak overnight.
2. Drain and rinse the almonds. Blend them with the water, vanilla and coconut in a high-powered blender until pureed.
3. Squeeze the pulp through the nut milk bag.
I was inspired to post this after a great talk with Treasure, a friend/artist who's work i've been following for at least 10 years. So in her honor I am sharing this one and also because clients often ask me about this as well. This is one of my easiest and favorite healthy gut recipes i've been making for many years. I've also used other nuts or seeds in place of the almonds. It's fun to play around with. Soaking means they sprout enough to boost nutrient density and easier digestibility (yay!). Plus it's fun and economical.
Check out Treasure's work here: http://treasurefrey.com/