- Coconut oil or butter
- Cinnamon sticks
- Ground cinnamon
- Optional: Chopped walnuts, almonds, or pumpkin seeds
- Optional: Whipped cream or yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Cut off a thin slice from the bottom of each apple so it stands upright. Use an apple corer or just a good knife to make a wide well in the center of each apple, discarding the seeds. Set the apples in a baking dish with about a half inch of water on the bottom.
- Top each apple with a ½ tablespoon of coconut oil or butter. Add cinnamon sticks to the baking dish and sprinkle about half teaspoon of ground cinnamon to each apple and bake for 25 minutes.
- Baste the apples with the liquid from the baking dish occasionally, continue to bake until a knife easily cuts into an apple, 20 to 25 minutes longer if needed. Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes before serving with the roasting juices. It's also great to sprinkle chopped walnuts, almonds or pumpkin seeds to add a nice crunch. (Some like a dollop of whipped cream or some yogurt). Delish!