- 2 small red onions
- 3 leeks
- 3 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 garnet yam or sweet potato
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 head celeriac
- 4 cups broth
- 1-1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and more to taste
- fresh black pepper
1. Peel and chop the onion. Set aside. Halve the white part of the leeks and cut into half moon slices.
2. Heat a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and leek and allow to sweat for a minute or two. Be sure they don't burn or stick to the bottom of the pan. Add the ghee, stir, cover the pot and allow to cook gently over a medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
3. Peel and cube the yam. Halve the cauliflower and break into florets. Peel the celeriac and chop into cubes. Add all three vegetables to the pot with the onions and leeks. Stir to coat with ghee.
4. Add the broth and one teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the coconut milk, stir, and let sit to cool for 15 minutes.
6. Blend half the soup and return it to the pot with the unblended portion. Reheat. Add black pepper and more sea salt to taste (you may need quite a bit more salt if your broth does not have added salt). Serve!