2-3 cups cooked kidney beans plus
1/4 cup bean liquid
3 tbsps brown rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic
3 tbsps olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1/4 cup minced green onions
- Combine 2 cups of beans, bean juice, vinegar, garlic, oils and salt in a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth and creamy. If you want a thicker dip add the extra cup of beans 1/4 cup at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add salt, cilantro and green onions and mix with a spoon.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve with cut up veggies or chips.
You can use canned beans. Wash them well, and add 1/4 cup water instead of cooking liquid.