Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
1 medium zucchini, shredded (equal to 1.5 cups shredded zucchini)
2 eggs, whisked
¾ cup sun-butter (or nut butter if you prefer)
⅓ cup raw honey (or maple if you prefer)
¼ cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Shred your zucchini. Use the shredding attachment on your food processor or take the long and boring route using a cheese grater. Whichever works.
- Once yours zucchini is shredded, you need to remove the excess liquid. And zucchinis have a lot of it! (What I did was place a couple paper towels down on the counter, throw the zucchini on top, then place another paper towel on top of the zucchini and squeeze. The more you squeeze, the more liquid will come out. Genius. Use more paper towels as needed, but be sure to squeeze until the zucchini feels water-less.)
- Place zucchini in a bowl with the rest of your ingredients. Use a large spoon to mix well until all the ingredients are combined and you have a deep chocolate color.
- Pour your ingredients into a loaf pan. IMPORTANT NOTE: I used 2 mini loaf pans that were about 5×3.
- Place in oven to bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when you poke it. Mine took almost 35 minutes to completely cook through.
- Let cool, cut and serve!