- 6 Pears (core removed)
- 4 Apples (core removed) – you can also use Applesauce
- 1 lime – Peeled (or the juice from one lime) – This will help preserve the color and the fruit.
Optional Ingredients / Variation Ideas:
- Handful of Spinach (washed)
- Handful of Grapes
- Carrots (washed & peeled)
- Strawberries (washed & de-stemmed)
- 1/2 Banana (peeled – but, don’t over do the banana or the fruit roll-ups won’t dehydrate well and can end up sticky)
- Liquid or Powdered Stevia Extract for Additional Sweetness (use sparingly)
- In your VitaMix, combine fruits & veggies until pureed completely. Be sure to use Lime or Lemon to preserve the color and fruit during the dehydrating process. Citrus also adds naturally adds pectin to help bind the fruit.
- Pour fruit mixture onto dehydrator trays lined with ParaFlexx Non-Stick Reusable Liners.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 8-12 hours until entire Fruit Roll Up is dry, but not over dry or hard.
- Serve immediately or store rolled in wax paper, parchment, or plastic wrap in sealed glass container, or ziplock bag… For long term storage, use a food sealer or store in Fridge.
- If stored in container, Use within 7-10 days. Or if refrigerated, use within one month.
This recipe makes approximately 8 Large Circles (or 8 full dehydrator tray sized), but feel free to scale it in half if you don’t need so much. I cut each large circle in half or quarters before giving them to the kids… its just easier to make large ones instead of multiple small sizes for dehydration & storage.
If you don’t have a Dehydrator, you can use your Oven. Set the oven at the lowest temperature (mine is 170 degrees). Line Cookie Sheets with parchment paper & spread mixture evenly with a spatula. Dry in oven for 2-4 hours depending on your oven. Do not over dry or the Roll-up can become brittle.
FOODS TO AVOID:
Although these items might dehydrate well on their own, I don’t recommend putting them in your Fruit Roll-Ups (especially in great quantity) – They can cause them to be too sticky or not dry correctly for storage:
- Citrus Fruits (other than Lemon or Lime for preservation)
- Broccoli or very Fibrous Veggies