2 large servings or 4 small ones
- 4 cups fresh steamed broccoli florets (feel free to use the stems, too)
- 1 large cooked sweet potato, skin removed and discarded•½” knob of fresh turmeric root (or 1 teaspoon, ground turmeric)
- 2 tablespoons, organic, pastured ghee or your choice of healthy fat (1/2 of a large avocado works too!)
- 1 tablespoon MCT or coconut oil (if using coconut oil, melt it first)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or, to taste
- green onions, chopped, for topping (you can also steam them with the broccoli if you prefer. I like them better that way because they aren't as potent)
1. Combine the steamed broccoli, sweet potato, turmeric, ghee (or avocado), oil, lemon juice, and salt into the pitcher of a high-speed blender.
2. Process on high or until ingredients are smooth (about 90 seconds).
3. Serve warm, with green onions on top.
Author: Carrie Forrest, MBA/MPH