- 3-4 cups peeled, cubed (½-inch) butternut squash (from about 1 small squash)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus extra to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped small
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and chopped small
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped small
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 cups stemmed, chopped kale
- ¼ cup raisin
- s½ cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss squash cubes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sea salt. Roast until tender and beginning to brown in spots, about 25 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Add poultry seasoning, kale, raisins, and water. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until kale is wilted and water has mostly evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cannellini beans and roasted squash cubes. Cook for several minutes to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.