- 8 oz dried Turkish apricots
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter (or ghee)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup water for baking
- Crushed pistachio nuts for garnish
*Bonus addition if it suits you: Plain whole Greek yogurt to drizzle on top after baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Soak the dried apricots in warm water for 10 minutes, if they are hard. Drain the water. If already soft enough to split open, you can skip this.
- Combine the crushed walnuts and honey in a small bowl as the filling.
- Split open the apricots with a small knife, making sure one end is still intact.
- Stuff each apricot with a teaspoonful of crushed walnut and honey mixture and slightly close it up.
- Grease a baking tray with olive oil or butter and place the stuffed dried apricots on it.
- Pour the water over the tray.
- Place a tiny dab of butter on the top of the each stuffed apricot.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of honey over the apricots (if desired) and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Place then on a serving dish and sprinkle the crushed pistachio nuts on top. EASY!!