- 3 tablespoons whole chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom AND cinnamon
- 1/2 cup warm filtered water or warm nut milk
- 1/2 cup organic low-glycemic berries (blackberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (can substitute toasted or raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
In a soup or cereal bowl, combine the chia seeds, cardamom, and cinnamon. Then, pour the warm water or nut milk over the mixture. Let rest to firm up, about 20 to 30 minutes. In the meantime, wash the fruit and slice into bite-sized pieces, if needed. Top the thickened chia seed pudding with the berries, coconut flakes and any seeds. This easy breakfast option can be prepared ahead of time and you can double the recipe for more. Enjoy!