- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, rice, or almond milk
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon turmeric paste (or just add powder OR, if possible, freshly peeled and grated turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Few shakes of freshly ground pepper
- Generous dash of vanilla
- Raw local honey or maple syrup to taste
- Sprinkle of cinnamon to taste
Golden Milk is flavored by black pepper, which enhances the absorption and the anti-inflammatory effects of the turmeric. Plus, black pepper contains a number of essential nutrients, including manganese, vitamin K, and iron; it is often used to calm digestive issues. The coconut oil helps your body actually absorb the nutrients from the other ingredients; plus it tastes great!