- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil or coconut oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shiitake and crimini mushrooms (I like to mix the two), stemmed and sliced
- 2 teaspoons Tamari (if desired in place of salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans, cover the pan, and return to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking; drain again.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the green beans and cook for 1 minute. Add the Tamari or salt, and pepper; cook, stirring, until hot, about 1 minute.
**Optional: Occasionally I like to add in some shredded kale and daikon for extra veggies OR simply sauté the green beans and shallots in the oil and then use the"Healthy cream of Mushroom soup" recipe as a sauce on top of the green beans! Voila!