10 min prep time/40 min cook time
- 1-1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 cup monk fruit sweetener
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup melted organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups mashed very ripe bananas
- optional: ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips (I like using Lily’s http://lilyssweets.com/baking-chips/)
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and oil a 9-inch (23 cm) square metal baking pan.(or use cupcake baking dish (l like using the silicone ones — makes it really easy)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add eggs, oil and vanilla to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended. Gently stir in bananas and pecans or walnuts and chocolate chips if so desired.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.