Be sure to have parchment paper!
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (unrefined is best if you can)
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 5 tbs honey (*OR 3 tbs molasses +1tbs honey if you are adding 1/4 tsp of nutmeg, 1/4 tsp of clove and 1/4 tsp ground ginger!)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, ( OR ghee or coconut oil), (organic from grass-fed cows if possible) Melted.
- 1 tbs vanilla extract (one other variation is to make them chocolatey add 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1/4 tsp or 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, sea salt, and toasted, chopped almonds (add any other spice and/or cocoa if you opt for that).
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the honey, melted butter and vanilla.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry.
- Tear off a large piece of parchment paper. Set it on the counter and place the cookie dough in the center. Form the dough into a large log about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap the log with the parchment paper and place in the freezer for one hour, or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and unwrap. Cut into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Line a cookie sheet with another sheet of parchment paper (or use a Silpat). Place the cookie slices on the cookie sheet with space between them.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the oven or until lightly golden.
- Cool before enjoying. Store cookies in an airtight container.